Friday 27 June 2014

Component 1:Issues in Teaching and Learning Science Term 1

I have faced many problems in teaching and learning science and the most serious problem I face is the understanding of science concepts. I try to solve this problem by clarifying the concepts with my classmates that do understand them or asking my parents and siblings. I found this very useful as I can communicate with my friends and family members easily.

I have learnt how to plot graphs, scientific methods and basic laboratory orientation.

These knowledge and skills are useful are  very relevant in the real world. For example, graph plotting is useful if you need to plot statistics for your company. You will need to know what type of graph is the most useful for which type of data. As for the scientific methods and basic lab orientation, they will be useful if I were to go into the research industry.

I have also learnt about the Rorschach test and how it uses ink blots to test subjects' perceptions of  them they are recorded and then analyzed using psychological interpretation, complex algorithms, or both. Some psychologists use this test to examine a person's personality characteristics and emotional functioning. It has been employed to detect underlying thought disorder, especially in cases where patients are reluctant to describe their thinking processes openly. I have also learnt about Moore's law which is the observation that, over the history of computing hardware , the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuit doubles approximately every two years. Lastly, I also learnt more about the SI units and how they are used and why we use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment