Friday 27 June 2014

Component 2: Reflections on Science Performance and Experiences Term 1

Termly Science Performance

My target for term 1 is at least a B3 as my science has never been my strong subject. My plan to achieve my target is to work hard  and revise on the science concepts I have learnt. For class tests, I need to improve on my calculations and presentation of work.



Measurements



The objective of this lesson it to learn how to use and read the measurements on a micrometer screw gauge and vernier calipers.
This lesson was carried out in the lab.
From this lesson, I have learnt how to use two new measuring instruments, the micrometer screw gauge and the vernier caliper.
I did not really enjoy this activity because the numbers on the instruments were quite small and I had trouble reading them. I also had trouble with the decimal places and cm and mm.

Pendulum

The objective of this activity is to find out the relationship between the length of the pendulum and the time taken for one oscillation.
This activity was carried out in the science lab.
I have learnt from this activity that the shorter the length of the pendulum, the shorter the time taken for one oscillation.i also learnt that the safest way to conduct this experiment is to release the pendulum at a angle of 10 degrees any more than that, the pendulum may swing out of control.
I liked watching the pendulum swing back and forth the most as it felt hypnotic.

Bunsen Burners



The objective of this was to learn the right way to use the bunsen burner during practical work.
This activity was carried out in the science lab.
I have learnt the correct use of the bunsen burner and when the air hole is opened, a non luminous flame will be formed and when it is nt, a luminous flame will be formed. And when the air hole is fully opened, strike back may occur as the flame will bun at the gas jet.
My favourite part of this activity is using the bunsen burner and watching the flame burn and feeling the heat on my face.







No comments:

Post a Comment